WetlookPro

Message # 91027

Subject: Question Technical question to producers

Date: Sat 08/10/22 10:23:08 GMT

Name: gww eu

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I would like to ask the producers how they arrive to their video encoding decisions? This question has been bugging me for some time.

I ask because I noticed some producers just use an arbitrary high constant bitrate for encoding, wasting internet bandwidth and disk space. Or in case of Elena Sochi, just a very low constant bitrate, causing severe blockiness in the video in complex pool scenes (I told her when I was a member of her Patreon page and she has never bothered to answer me).

Why are the producers not using the constant quality based approach, as allowed by Handbrake and other encoders, instead of the constant bitrate? Dont professional encoders, like Adobe Premiere or Davinci Resolve offer this option, or is it just easier and faster to slap a high bitrate on files, as server bandwidth/content delivery is cheap anyway?

Even better, why is h.265/HEVC still not widely used as a download/delivery option? Support for HEVC from TV set and mobile phone producers and even in operating systems have been there for years.

I routinely transcode my purchases to h.265/HEVC, otherwise I would have run out of space even on my big 8TB NAS a long time ago. With quality factor 22 for 1080p and 24 for 4k, and encoding in HEVC - ultrafast preset, I can routinely save 40-60% of space without losing any visual quality, if the scene is fairly static, even 70-80%. But it is a big effort, it would be much nicer if the producers offered professionally encoded HEVC files, or at least quality based AVC encodes encoded on their professional encoding rigs. They have to do it anyway, why not do it right?

Lastly, I have to commend Mostwam, Wetfoto and Eurowam, they seem to have found the best balance between bitrate/file size and quality.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.018 seconds to generate ]