Wetlook-Online

Message # 72419.1.1.1

Subject: None Re:The economics of Wetlook

Date: Wed 17/01/18 01:37:54 GMT

Name: Poliut us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I think some of that is also a case of specialized standards vs. random findings. When we watch a clip off YouTube (assuming it's not one that's stolen), we can get anything from poor resolution to bad camera angles to too short a clip (both in total video and relevant segments) to unsatisfying events. The bonus being it's free - how many clips have we seen on YouTube that we'd be willing to pay for? I'd guess it's hovering around 0. The clips we do pay for are made by fellow enthusiasts (many who hang out here) who (for the most part) know what we want, and there is a (I would say) relatively strong overlap between the interests of the producers and the consumers.

Overall, YouTube hasn't changed my habits and behaviors either (there are other factors that rank way higher in what's influenced my wetlook spending habits in the 10 years I've been buying clips).

Of course, I'm someone who bought before YouTube wetlook really took off, so I don't know how different things would be for me if I had been introduced to it there first and then progressed to a producer. I still have the novelty/nostalgia factor with the first clips I bought. I don't know if that would still be there going from YouTubes to paids. The friends formed have been worth it, too.

In reply to Message (72419.1.1) None Re:The economics of Wetlook

By Hamburgwet - de Tue 16/01/18 23:47:59 GMT

I think you overestimate Youtube. I'm buying wetlook videos since the early 90s (yes, before the internet) and while it is nice to watch wetlook stuff on youtube, it never replaced the enjoyment I get from the videos I bought.

So Youtube didn't change my behaviour as a wetlook consumer at all.

In reply to Message (72419.1) Info Re:The economics of Wetlook

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net gb Tue 16/01/18 18:56:23 GMT

I don't think you are going to get any feedback from producers regarding dollar figures, but I can give you some generalities about demographics of what I have experienced over the last 27 years since we started in 1991. The trends and dynamics have changed dramatically over the years....i.e. in the 1990's the wet and messy culture was EXCLUSIVELY the realm of the professional producer, using professional broadcast quality cameras and editing systems costing $30,000 +.. There were only a half a dozen producers competing for a slice of the pie of approx 30,000 wam fetish fans and there was no such thing as decent quality consumer cameras so there was no competition from amateur producers. Also, in the 1990's there was no such thing as free media (that only emerged after 2005 with the birth of Youtube).  So....the 1990's were the realm of the professional producer, there was no free media and the 30,000 wam fans had no choice but to buy media from half of dozen producers. In those days the professional producers used to release VHS tapes that sold for $60 to $80 each and  those 1990's producers used to sell 500+ units of each $60 VHS tape they produced. One of the UK producers holds the record for number of VHS tapes sold for a single title, selling 2000 copies thru a licensing deal with several major retail stores that carried that title on their store shelves. That may seem like a lot of sales that the original half a dozen producers were making....but bear in mind they also had very high expenses in those days because in those days you needed to have a 3ccd Betacam camera that cost $25,000 and an Avid editing suite, lighting and a studio requiring an investment of $50,000+....plus you also had to pay for expensive BBFC (British Board of Film Censors) licensing fees and get a BBFC ratings certificate if you sold VHS tape in the UK....because selling unrated tapes in the UK was illegal and subject to HUGE fines and possible jail terms.

These days it is no longer viable for the Professional producers to use pro level gear, because

a) today you can buy a $300 Go Pro that can produce almost the same level of quality as a 20K professional camera, as a result

b) this has caused an explosion of amateurs to start producing media. There are over 350 wetlook and messy producers today, and most are amateurs using low cost cameras, so today the marketplace is the realm of the amateurs.

c) since 2005 we have had an explosion of free media via Youtube, and now 80% of wam fans no longer support the producers because they can get their jollies from Youtube.

d) the worldwide population of wam fans today....has not grown by much at all....it is only 35,000 people today.

So...work the math....in the 1990's you had 30,000 wam fans, no free media, and only half a dozen producers to go to get fed...i.e. a ratio of 5000 customers to each producer....i.e. those 6 producers could enjoy a slice of the pie that helped sustained their operating costs.

Today you only have 35,000 wam fans, and 80% of them do not support the producers because they can get fed by Youtube instead, and so you only have have a pool of 7000 viable customers.....and you now have 350+ amateur producers competing for only a small handful of customers.....a ratio of only 20 customers per wam producer.

The "golden age" of being a wet and messy producer was in the 1990's....when there was no free media and no competition from amateurs.

Today I can say with some certainty that the ONLY producers still around today....are still in it because it is their personal passion and hobby.....and not for financial reasons, because being a producer today is not a good business model. The definition of a successful producer in our world, is somebody who can keep his head above water and be able to upgrade their camera equipment every few years and be able to finance their next video production. I have met many producers over the years and have yet to see anybody who lives in a mansion and drives a fancy car (we have had many models who showed up for shoots in fancy cars....but that was not because of the money they made doing wam modelling....that was due to many of our models having rich boyfriends who gave them a fancy car).

Most of the models I have met do NOT make much money from doing wet and messy shoots...i..e. we pay ouir models $500 per day....and they make 3 times more money in one day working in gentlemens clubs doing lap dances than they do working for us in a day ....which explains why some of our models do not show up on time, or not at all....because they will only work for us when they have nothing better to do....but if they get a better assignment that pays more money, they would sometimes blow us off and not show up.

Anyway.....what is the purpose of your study. If the purpose is to analyze the feasibility of becoming a wam producer. I would say that you have missed the boat by about 20 years. The only viable buisness today is if you are a self-employed model and you offer custom videos....because then you can develop a cult followiing and you can do well by cultivating your fans and doing custom requests.

MK

In reply to Message (72419) Question The economics of Wetlook

By WamMan57 - us Tue 16/01/18 13:51:01 GMT

Hi guys - this is a question for WAM producers.

I have an economics and finance degree, and thought it would be interesting to do some research on the economics of producing content for specific fetish interests, in this case my own, wetlook.  I have purchased a number of videos over the years, bought subscriptions to sites, etc. (currently a member of WAM in Style which I highly recommend) and wonder about the economics of these businesses. The questions is this - how much money can a producer expect to make, and how much money can a wetlook model expect to make by catering to our niche fetish desires?  Three examples.  Wam in Style does very nice work - lengthy videos of very cute models, well produced and edited.  This is not easy stuff to do ... obviously takes a lot of time and effort.  So, how does the site owner pay the models like Greta or Elana?  How much can they expect to make?  How much can a good site make in a year?  

I made reference to this question about a month ago on a post, thinking that Leon had to make $100K plus when is sites were going strong.  MK replied saying "Leon would be flattered to think so."  So with that I am just really curious.  Are these producers and models doing it more for fun, or is it a serious business.  Again, given the quality I see going into these sites, I can't believe it would be just for enjoyment.  Not asking for anything that gives away the secrets of the business, but would be interested in anything producers can share about the economics of their businesses.

Cool stuff ... love wetlook. Just FYI, my favorite models are Greta and Diana of Wam in Style, Megan, Michelle, and Jess from Leon's sites, and Mary from Wetlooker.  Also, Smiley is quickly becoming a favorite,  Her recent videos in a skirt, white top and stockings in a pool and bathtub are terrific - she is really sexy.  

Anyway ... thoughts to share?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.044 seconds to generate ]